Provider Name: AXIATA GROUP BERHAD
Provider Type: Industry
Minimum Requirement for Application:
- Secondary School Students
Application for the Young Talent Programme must be submitted by the student to Axiata Group Berhad on or before the due date. The details for the application will be announced closer to the opening of the Young Talent Programme.
1. The applicant must be a Malaysian citizen or a Malaysian permanent resident.
2. The applicant must achieve a minimum of five A’s in the Ujian Pencapaian Sekolah Rendah (UPSR).
3. The applicant must consistently be a top ten student in Standard Four, Five and Six of their Primary School education.
4. The applicant must display an active participation in sports, clubs and societies, and/or the performing arts.
5. The applicant has to be proficient in both English and Bahasa Malaysia, and any other spoken and written languages are favourable.
6. Priority is given to students from low income and rural families
Application Status: CLOSED
Closing Date: 10-Sep-2012
About the National Secondary School Programme
The first level of the programme is for Secondary School, where students who have displayed academic excellence through the Ujian Penilaian Sekolah Rendah (UPSR) and outstanding extra-curricular activities are sponsored to complete five years of education.
Axiata believes that the five years spent at Secondary School are among the most crucial years of a young individual’s life. It is at this time that they will be exposed to and learn the values and habits that will eventually form the behavioural guidelines for their later years. Our Young Talent Programme is developed with the aim of producing high achieving and competent scholars.
The Young Talent Programme will cover the full five years of the secondary school education, subject to Axiata Group Berhad’s terms and conditions. The programme’s coverage includes all tuition fees, text books, school uniforms and laptops*. A non-curriculum fund will be provided for students to participate in the school based extra-curricular activities
In addition to the school related fees, Axiata Group Berhad will also bear the full cost of the Ax-Factor initiatives.
Apply Online at
Please have the following information at hand before commencing with the online application form:
- Details of siblings' scholarship (if applicable)
- Details of parents' occupation, employer and last drawn monthly salary
- Trial UPSR results
- Participation of extra-curricular activities (if applicable)